Grant Making Strategy
Family members often have strong opinions about the areas they want to support. There may be differences of opinion amongst them about their objectives or how to achieve them and, once they have agreed on what they want to support, their donations need to get to the organisations best placed to deliver.
There are thousands of charities in the UK, many of them with very similar objectives. Not all are as well run, effective and worthy of support as others. Deciding on which charities should receive support can be difficult for the family who may rely on their Family Office to research into relevant charities, carry out due diligence and report back on which charities and projects will best fulfil their strategy.
ALAN CURTIS WILL WORK WITH YOU TO
- Identify the charities that best fulfil your grant making strategy
- Carry out due diligence on them and make recommendations to trustees
- Monitor use of donations for impact and effectiveness
- Discover areas that could be considered by the family to better fulfil their grant making objectives
- Ensuring that grants are made in line with the grant making strategy
- Conducting due diligence on charities shortlisted for support
- Maintaining an overview of what is being supported and advising on areas over or under represented
- Maintaining ongoing contact with beneficiary charities and reviewing effectiveness of donations
‘Please call me on 07801 695400 or email me at email@example.com if you would like to have an initial conversation about this or any of the other services I can provide’